Unlike many other states New York seems to take a little longer to do, well, everything. While many of our friends got the results to their states bar exam only a month or two after taking it we had to wait 4 months, and after submitting his character and fitness application it was about another 4 months, but we are so thrilled it's complete. It's been a long crazy road to get here, but we finally feel a little grown up.
The admission ceremony was really nice. The Judge who swore them in gave a really nice talk about their profession. He talked about how there are many roads to success, and compared it to climbing a mountain. He quoted Gandhi I think and said that there are many paths to the top of the mountain, and that the view is the same from each. Then he added that while the view is the same our satisfaction with the view may differ. He said he thinks that satisfaction is directly related to the amount of time we spend helping others. He basically said that the key to being content and happy with your life is service. It was a really great speech and just a really great day. I'm so proud of my wonderful husband!
The best part of the day, besides Marcus actually being admitted to the bar, was that his mom Daine was there to share it with us. I seriously have the best mother in law in the world! I'm so lucky to have her. I know it meant a lot to Marc that she was able to be there.
Our newly admitted attorney.
The bar admission ceremony wasn't the end of our fun though. Diane was in town for less than 48 hours, but we tried to fill that time with as much excitement as we could. The girls wanted to absorb every last second they could with grandma Diane.
We went to the Museum of natural History.
The central park zoo.
Enjoyed some street vendor food.
And of course took a trip to FAO Schwarz
We all had a blast. Thanks to everyone who's helped and supported us up to this point in our lives. We've had so much help from family and we've made so many wonderful friends that have helped us get to this point! We love you all!
CONGRATULATIONS MARCUS! That is so awesome. Glad you're legit now! I wish I could have been there. Mom was SO GLAD she was able to come. Sounds like it was an amazing ceremony. Mom got emotional when she talked about it. I LOVE what the judge said... totally inspriational! Congrats, again! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteA whoo hoo! Congratulations to all of you!
ReplyDelete