I really thought I was doing better at blogging. I just really don't have the energy right now to divide these pictures into separate posts. Instead this is going to be a very random post about some fun things we've done in the last few weeks.
First: We love warm weather! It was in the high 50's today and it's supposed to be in the mid 60's tomorrow. I can't wait for spring! On the few warm days we've had around here lately we try to spend as much time as possible in the park. There are so many different playgrounds near us it's been so fun trying them all out.

We went to this playground in Central Park with the kids from preschool. It's in the 70's and was new to Hailey so we stayed after school and played for an extra couple of hours.

Today we went to one of the playgrounds in Central Park near our place. I like this one because it's never super busy, and it is easy for toddlers to get around. Hailey and Avery had a ton of fun going down the slide together holding hands.



This playground is just a block up our street. We spend a lot of time here on colder days.

Hailey and Avery have been playing together a lot more. They are really sweet sisters. Hailey said today, "Mom, I love Avery most of all!" They certainly fight. Avery pulls hair and hits a lot and Hailey cries. Hailey takes toys from her and jumps on her and that makes Avery cry. They are at times a little competitive with each other for my affection. Mostly Avery. If she ever sees Hailey hugging me she comes running over hops up on my lap and wiggles in closer to me. Hailey has noticed this and sometimes I think she tries to bug her by hugging me or sitting on my lap. It's pretty funny. They are just funny little girls! Hailey had fun dressing Avery up the morning the picture above was taken.

There are some great resources for finding things to do with kids in the city. One of my favorites is
mommypoppins.com. They always have lists of all the things going on during the week for kids and families in the city. This weekend Marcus took Hailey on a daddy daughter date to a free event going on at Lincoln Center called the story pirates.
She got to go and make her own book. Hailey wrote a story about superwoman. In her story superwoman saves a little girl named Hailey by flying into her bad dream and making all the monsters leave. It was really cute. After she made her book these actors did some plays of stories that were written by 5
th graders. She had a ton of fun! Who wouldn't with this guy?!

Watching the plays.

Hailey with her book.

It was a great day for the whole family. Avery napped and then ate her favorite, a peanut butter sandwich, while I got some cleaning done.

Monday night Marcus and I were able to see a couple Tennis matches at Madison Square Garden. We saw
Roddick vs.
Federer which Andy
Roddick actually won.
Sharapova vs.
Wozniacki which
Sharapova won. Marc loves tennis. I am learning to love tennis. I want to be good at it because it's a sport you can play forever. I am just a total spas at any sport with a racket. It was really fun to watch the pros though. They are pretty amazing. It was definitely a great New York experience!
looks like so much fun! i also want to learn to play tennis, but i have little to zero hope for myself.
ReplyDeleteHow fun!!! I am also SO happy for the warmer weather! I love the picture of Avery in the tutu. Too cute!
ReplyDelete