On Wednesday morning around 5:30 A.M. we got a call telling us we should come to the hospital between 5:45 and 6:15 to start being induced. We finished packing some stuff and headed in. By about 7 they had me on pitocin. By about 10:30 I thought I might scream if I had to go through another contraction with out drugs...(I admire people who have babies naturally...not my thing!) I kept putting it off, because I wanted to stay mobile for as long as possible, but thanks to Marc's convincing I did it, and thank goodness I did. Things moved kind of slowly for a while, but finally around four I was dilated to a ten. We had to wait for a while for the doctor to come because he'd been at another hospital. While waiting the nurse asked me how long I'd pushed with Hailey. I told her three hours and she said this one will be much quicker. I wanted to believe her, but wasn't super convinced. Anyway the Doctor showed up around 4:30 by 4:35 or so I started pushing and Avery was born about 4:50.
She weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. After she was born I kept looking at her and saying how I couldn't believe how small she was. One of the nurses looked at me and laughed and said she's not that small! I think she is tiny. After Hailey I honestly thought I'd be lucky to have a baby born in the high eights, but I never thought I'd have a seven pounder! It has all in all been a night and day difference between this delivery and Hailey. I had to have an episiotomy, but it is nowhere near like having a stage 4 tear. Things are great. Everyone is healthy and happy and we are so excited to have little Avery in our family!
Here are a bunch of pictures of the last two days:
I was seriously JUST thinking about texting you to see if that baby had come yet!! She is darling- and I LOVE the name Avery. So beautiful. She makes Haley look huge, huh! I can't wait to see her. I'll bring you dinner. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Kristin! She's adorable, and so is her big sister! You look great too, unfair to look that good after just delivering!
ReplyDeleteYeah for pictures! You guys all look so great. I'm trying really hard not to be jealous of how good you look :) I'm so happy for you and I knew it would all work out...thanks for paving the way Hailey...hopefully the rest will be a breeze! Can't wait to come see that cute bundle and bring you guys dinner. Talk to you soon!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute family! I'm glad you didn't push very long too!!
ReplyDeleteShe's so cute! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! She is a cutie!! And I hope you are feeling okay too! :-)
ReplyDeleteI love her already. I can't wait to hold her. She is perfect! You look so beautiful, Kris!!! What a cute family!
ReplyDeletei love them all (the pictures)! congratulations! and she has hair! :)
ReplyDeletep.s. you seriously look SO good.
ReplyDeleteShe is precious!!! I am so excited for you and your girl filled family! I am so glad everything went well for you and everyone is healthy and happy. Looking forward to more pictures!
ReplyDeleteshe's so precious you guys! i'm pretty sure you're not suppose to look that good after you birth a child! can't wait to see her! so happy it was so different from haley's.
ReplyDeleteAwwww! I can't believe that I haven't seen your post until now. She is SO adorable and precious! Hailey looks like such a big kid compared to her!! Congratulations on Avery! And I'm so glad that you didn't have to have a C-section. We can't wait to come see her! And you! Glad to know that everything went well.
ReplyDeleteCongrats you guys! Hailey is sooo cute, (this is the first time I have seen your family picture at the top). She looks just like you, Kristin! And Avery is adorable too. They really do seem small compared to toddlers. Crazy how much they grow in 2 years. Hope all is well with your little family!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Glad the delivery went better this time. She's a doll, they both are. I found your blog from Brooke's. Hope it's okay to stop in and see how you guys are doing.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your mom is so sweet. I have talked to her a few times when I go in to visit Jon and work and she is always so nice. Your sister is gorgeous too, but that's no surprise. It runs in the family.
Congrats!! I am so glad things went so much better this time!! She is beautiful and Hailey is the cutest big sister. Hope I get to see her in person sometime!
ReplyDelete