August 23, 2010

Vacation Time

We packed a lot into Marc's week and a half of summer vacation. A little more than is probably healthy for a person. We started out by spending a week in Montana at my aunt's cabin on Flathead Lake. Then my mom, Hailey, and I spent a day at my grandparent's house before making the drive home. While we were in Montana Marc and I decided that once we got back to Utah we should take a quick trip to New York (more to come on that later). We left on Tuesday and got back Friday Morning. Friday night Marc and his Dad and brother headed to Denver for a Bronco's game and got back Sunday morning. We've done way more driving through the night than any person ever should. It's been pretty crazy, but I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of our great and relaxing Montana vacation. More to come on the others later, but here are some pictures of beautiful Montana.
My Aunt Jen has a beautiful new cabin right on the water. It is amazing!

We got to do a bunch of fun stuff while at the cabin. Including a little fishing, well sort of, more like a little casting and reeling. :)
Crazy Marc and Ash decided to jump in the cold lake at night. Nuts!
We got to play in the water on the wave runners.
No cabin experience is complete with out marshmallow roasting and smore making!
Marc, Bruce, Ash, and Nate all had to get back a day early, so they missed our awesome trip to my grandparent's house in Stevensville. Hailey got to experience the farm life a little bit.
Grandpa Anderson took her on an awesome Tractor ride.
My Grandparent's have cows, so we went out to see them, but I didn't take any pictures of that unfortunately. But their neighbors have alpacas. They were so nice and let us come by and see and pet them.
Hailey loved feeding them. She thought it was great. I think they are such cool animals. I may have even been more impressed with the experience than Hailey. :)

It was so fun to take her to the farm. Growing up I spent at least a couple weeks every summer at my grandparents farm in Montana. Sometimes months. In fact a little known fact about me is that I've actually owned a cow. My parents bought us all cows when we were little and every year when the cow had a calf they'd put the money from the calf in a bank account for us. My cow's name was Krissy...very original. :) She had the sweetest calves. She always had boys though, which meant they always went to the slaughter house. That was a hard thing for me as a young girl. In fact it was there that I first contemplated and tried out vegetarianism, which lasted about 12 hours, until I realized that my grandma's Sunday roast was irresistible, and that I liked meat way too much to ever stay committed. Ah, so many funny and good memories of that place. I really feel lucky I had that experience. I've fed a calf with a bottle. Helped give them shots. Helped brand them. Helped herd them. Helped cut and bale hay. Deep down there is a part of me that feels like I'm a little bit of a farm girl, and it's all thanks to the time I've spent at my grandparents. I'm so glad my daughter has had the chance to experience that, and will continue to in the future. Thanks Grandma, Grandpa, and Jen! it was a great break!

**Funniest Hailey story of the trip was when we went out to see the cows I was telling her to be careful not to step in the manure. I said, "look Hailey they have poop all over, and she said, "Oh, we need to change them mom!" Then when we talked to Marc on the phone that night he asked if she had fun seeing the cows. Hailey said "They were all poopy dad! They had poop all over their bums and they all pooped on the floor!" Haha...love that little girl!***

5 comments:

  1. So excited to see you guys soon! I miss that cute little girl. I know this is really random, but we took a music class this summer and I found Hailey's twin. She is absolutely identical in the way she talks, walks, and even her little skip hoppy kind of thing she does when she's excited, she was also a very, very gorgeous little girl. The one difference....she was Indian. Not Native American, she was from India. So different skin tone, that's all, but besides that I felt like we got blessed with another little Hailey once a week. Call me crazy, but it was true...and we liked her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! The cabin looks so nice! That is so cool that you had your own cow! Hailey is so hilarious. Owen told me this morning that he wanted to play with her today so we will have to get together sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME pictures! I had NO IDEA you owned a cow! You are a farm girl!!! You would LOVE Iowa! Can't wait for the NY pictures. Oh, and I had NO idea about the Denver trip. I'm so out of the loop! I need your blog to keep me up to date on what my family's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i love that little unknown fact about you!

    ReplyDelete