Well I can't say I've had the most eventful week, but things are good. I'm not going insane or anything. I really like Dallas, but life in a hotel has it's challenges. Hailey kind of had a fever this weekend, so we had a pretty mellow Saturday. Just hung around here. But as of now we are all officially recovered from being sick. Marc and I are back to full health, and Hailey's great, so things are good. My only real fear now about being here is Tornadoes. I didn't realize before I came that Dallas had tornadoes. I was out by the pool the other day and a guy started telling me about how this month we are going to get all these tornadoes. He said, "Don't worry though you'll hear the siren and then you need to run into the bathroom." ??? He said you need to be in the smallest room. He said it's best to get into the tub. Again ??? I have no idea why the tub, but if I hear those sirens Hailey and I will be running to our bathroom and laying down in our tub in a jiffy. :) The thought of it just makes me laugh. On Monday when the tornado went through Oklahoma there were all these tornado warnings for northern Texas, so every commercial break on T.V. they'd come on talking about it. The best part was that they switched to their sister station in Oklahoma, and it was hilarious...well to me anyway. This reporter was like, (In a very heavy southern accent) "So if Y'all live in this area ya need to get out of your mobile home right away. Leave your mobile homes immediately!" Is it kind of bad that I couldn't stop laughing?! Well hopefully it won't happen here or else the last laugh will be on me, because I won't have a clue what to do! Supposedly there are going to be some thunder storms this week, so maybe it will. I'll be sure to do a post if I'm cowering in a bathtub anytime soon. :)
May 12, 2010
Lately...
Here are some pictures of what we've been up to lately:
We spend a lot of time by the pool. This week Hailey finally decided that water was warm enough to get in. Before she'd just dip her feet in and say "It doesn't feel too nice mom."
We made a trip to the Zoo. I'm a total sucker. It's so hard for me to say no to this little girl. Maybe it's just because she's my first, and maybe I'll get more strict with this stuff in the future, but right now I pretty much give into anything. So of course we did a carousel ride at the zoo.
Oh Yeah...and a camel ride. :) Haha...I tried to resist, but couldn't. Hailey was just begging for it and I couldn't say no. It cost 5 dollars for each of us and lasted about 2 minutes, but I think this picture is kind of priceless, and Hailey was smiling and laughing the whole time, so all in all I think it was worth it.
Hailey was so excited about this Gorilla. He was sitting right next to the glass. He's not looking in the picture, but when we first came up he was staring at us with this sort of annoyed look. It was pretty funny. I told Hailey I was going to take a picture with her and the gorilla, so I told her to say cheese. She said, "OK" and then turned around and said, "Say cheese gorilla!" Pretty funny.
And lastly this is something we do pretty much every day. My bad mother confession is that on a slow day...we might do it twice. Hailey loves to lay out a bunch of movies and choose which one she's going to watch. Recently she's started laying out all of her movies. She goes through and points to each of them and says the name, and then finally after she's named them all once or twice she picks the one she wants. She's a character.
Well I can't say I've had the most eventful week, but things are good. I'm not going insane or anything. I really like Dallas, but life in a hotel has it's challenges. Hailey kind of had a fever this weekend, so we had a pretty mellow Saturday. Just hung around here. But as of now we are all officially recovered from being sick. Marc and I are back to full health, and Hailey's great, so things are good. My only real fear now about being here is Tornadoes. I didn't realize before I came that Dallas had tornadoes. I was out by the pool the other day and a guy started telling me about how this month we are going to get all these tornadoes. He said, "Don't worry though you'll hear the siren and then you need to run into the bathroom." ??? He said you need to be in the smallest room. He said it's best to get into the tub. Again ??? I have no idea why the tub, but if I hear those sirens Hailey and I will be running to our bathroom and laying down in our tub in a jiffy. :) The thought of it just makes me laugh. On Monday when the tornado went through Oklahoma there were all these tornado warnings for northern Texas, so every commercial break on T.V. they'd come on talking about it. The best part was that they switched to their sister station in Oklahoma, and it was hilarious...well to me anyway. This reporter was like, (In a very heavy southern accent) "So if Y'all live in this area ya need to get out of your mobile home right away. Leave your mobile homes immediately!" Is it kind of bad that I couldn't stop laughing?! Well hopefully it won't happen here or else the last laugh will be on me, because I won't have a clue what to do! Supposedly there are going to be some thunder storms this week, so maybe it will. I'll be sure to do a post if I'm cowering in a bathtub anytime soon. :)
Well I can't say I've had the most eventful week, but things are good. I'm not going insane or anything. I really like Dallas, but life in a hotel has it's challenges. Hailey kind of had a fever this weekend, so we had a pretty mellow Saturday. Just hung around here. But as of now we are all officially recovered from being sick. Marc and I are back to full health, and Hailey's great, so things are good. My only real fear now about being here is Tornadoes. I didn't realize before I came that Dallas had tornadoes. I was out by the pool the other day and a guy started telling me about how this month we are going to get all these tornadoes. He said, "Don't worry though you'll hear the siren and then you need to run into the bathroom." ??? He said you need to be in the smallest room. He said it's best to get into the tub. Again ??? I have no idea why the tub, but if I hear those sirens Hailey and I will be running to our bathroom and laying down in our tub in a jiffy. :) The thought of it just makes me laugh. On Monday when the tornado went through Oklahoma there were all these tornado warnings for northern Texas, so every commercial break on T.V. they'd come on talking about it. The best part was that they switched to their sister station in Oklahoma, and it was hilarious...well to me anyway. This reporter was like, (In a very heavy southern accent) "So if Y'all live in this area ya need to get out of your mobile home right away. Leave your mobile homes immediately!" Is it kind of bad that I couldn't stop laughing?! Well hopefully it won't happen here or else the last laugh will be on me, because I won't have a clue what to do! Supposedly there are going to be some thunder storms this week, so maybe it will. I'll be sure to do a post if I'm cowering in a bathtub anytime soon. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh my goodness I am so glad you went to the zoo.. was it the Fort Worth or Dallas zoo?
ReplyDeleteI will never forget the tornadoes and hiding in bathtubs-(sounds much more exciting than it actually is)! I hope you are getting to know lots of people because Texans reall are SO fun!
Keep up the positive energy-- when Ryan and I lived in Albuquerque for a summer I wanted to cry just about every day! It is good to see you are staying busy so far away
i think the bathtub because the plumbing is suppose to be way secure or something....when i went to Texas and Minnesota people would always ask where i was from i would tell them CA and they would be all stunned and say oh my gosh all those earthquakes?!?! I would say well yeah but you have tornadoes...but they would reassure me that tornadoes were a lot better...funny because they never experienced an earthquake...:-)
ReplyDeletebad news! just this past week i told james i am nervous about being able to say "no" to my kids, b/c i have a super hard time now saying no to my nieces/nephews! but then i figured when its my own kid, ill be used to her begging so i can easily say no. your post is not very encouraging in that way!
ReplyDeleteand i almost started laughing out loud about the news station in oklahoma and getting out of your mobile homes. maybe some stereotypes are true...? haha
We miss you guys!! We can't wait to watch a movie with Hailey.
ReplyDeletePS You're a great MOM!
I've been checking your blog everyday for an update. It's so fun to see what you're up to!!! Adventures in a hotel in Dallas... it could be a movie. The camel picture is totally worth it. Love the gorilla too. I'm thinking your Zoo is a few steps up from ours!!! Have fun and stay safe :-)
ReplyDeleteI loved your comment. I will try and clear this up. I love Kyle Korver. I love that he's from Iowa. He's a shooter. When he's on, he's on, and obviously I like that. Is he my favorite player? I couldn't say that. If you would have asked me last season, I would have said Paul Milsap, but from the few games I saw this season, he didn't perform up the the Milsap standard I set for him last year. The other thing is as soon as Korver was traded to Utah, I told Brandon I wanted to name a son "Korver". I thought it was adorable. "Paul" is a great name, but doesn't really do it for me. Neither does "Milsap," in terms of a little boy's first name of course. Back to favorite players... I can't deny that D. Will is the leader of the team, and I respect his game and love that he's a Jazzgame. Is he my favorite? Mmm... I'd have to say my heart usually goes out to the underdogs, the less played players. I love Ronnie Price. I miss Ronnie Brewer. I guess what I'm saying is I can't really choose a favorite at this point. I would be equally starstruck and obnoxiously so, I'm sure, if I ever ran into any of them. Hope that clears things up :-)!
ReplyDeleteShe is seriously SO cute! She makes me excited for my little girl to grow up!
ReplyDelete