
Well I have to blog about this because I think it's so cool. My mom showed me this the other day it's the church's newest genealogy tool that's online. The website is: www.new.familysearch.org To get in you have to enter your church ID number (on your recommend) and your confirmation date, but then after you've set up a user name and password for the site you can go through and look at your family tree. My mom traced her great great grandma's family back to Noah! Isn't that Crazy! Today I decided to look at the Shuman side of my family and get this....my like 28th great grandpa is William I, better known as William the Conqueror, King of England. Isn't that crazy?! His daughter Adela is like my 27th great grandma. (By twenty seventh I mean my great grandma twenty seven times...I didn't want to write them all out.) :) Anyway I think I could spend hours looking at this site it is so interesting. Some of the info is a little questionable...like either some of the dates are wrong, or quite a few of my ancestors had children out of wedlock. ;) Who knows in my reading about William I he was born out of wedlock, and his enemies called him William the bastard, so it could just run in the fam. (just kidding) Whether the dates are wrong or some of my ancestors were just a little out of control it's just really cool to trace your family back that far. Some searches I can only go back to the 1400 or 1500's, but it's still really fun to look at the dates and info that they have on your ancestors. My mom Claims we have other significant historic people/royalty from other countries that she's found. I figure if you go back far enough you're bound to have royalty somewhere. Anyway so I'm excited to do some more exploring with some other family members. It's really cool! You should definitely check it out!
I always knew I was royal...ha that's cool Kris
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ash
that is awesome...i will have to check that out when i get some time.
ReplyDeleteI bet you never actually planned on me, Brandon, commenting on your blog but here I go. Michelle and I got set up on that as well a couple of weeks ago and I found out that I am a decendent of John Proctor who was was accused of being a witch and hanged for it back in Salem during the witch trials. It's a cool site! I've been casting some spells lately and I'm pretty good. I must have inherited the gene.
ReplyDelete