We finally traded in our 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment for a 3 bedroom 2 bath...and I have to say I am in heaven!! Our old apartment was beautiful...tile, granite and stainless steel appliances, but with a 19 month old running around accumulating new things every day storage definitely became an issue! Our new apartment really is very basic. It has linoleum flooring and an oven that is so basic/old it doesn't even have a timer on it, but I love it! Extra sq. footage is way more important to me at this stage of life!
Moving is still the absolute worst thing in the world. We only moved a couple blocks away, and I way underestimated how exhausting it was going to be. We are almost done unpacking though and Hailey is starting to adjust to her new home. So hopefully within a week or so I'll have a more interesting post to put up.
Besides the whole move thing Thanksgiving weekend was a blast. We spent Thanksgiving day with Marcus's family in Logan. Friday morning my mother in law, Diane, my sister in law, Kimberly, and I all woke up at 4 in the morning to start our black Friday shopping. I had a ton of fun! I got a bunch of great things for our new place and for Christmas which is always great. I love getting a good deal on something, but even more than that there is just something about watching a bunch of crazy people in hour long lines at 4 A.M. that is so funny to me. Even though I am one of those crazy people I still just can't help but sit back and laugh. It's great for people watching! :) Anyway more to come once things get a little more normal! Happy Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
moving does stink huh? i am glad i am able to keep in touch with you. sounds like you had a good thanksgiving, and getting a good deal is always leaves you with a satisfied feeling no matter what it is!
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious! I had no idea you guys were black Friday shoppers! Hope you got some great deals! Can't wait to see the pictures of your new place.
ReplyDeleteHey, I found your blog...hopefully this can link you to ours! Thanks again for watching Ella this morning. We witnessed the cleaners this afternoon...I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but I've never seen such attention to detail. I witnessed one guy scrubbing out the windowsills with a kitchen scrubber thingy....anyway they were pretty crazy.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad for the new square footage, sad for us! See you soon!