January 10, 2016

Saying goodbye

 Before we knew we'd be moving to California in August we made summer travel plans.  My younger sister was getting married in Utah in June.  Since it had been two years since we'd been back I thought we might as well stay a while.  Marcus could only stay for a week, but I planned to stay with the kids for 3 weeks.  If I'd known we'd move back just a few months after I would have only stayed on week with Marcus.  We'd planned the rest of our summer vacation before knowing about the move too.  We'd planned to travel from mid July-the first Week of August.  So when we left Madrid for Ashlee's wedding in June, that was really my farewell to Madrid.  We only came back for a few days to have the place packed and then to leave on our vacation.

Saying goodbye was very hard.  We had made some great friends during our time in Madrid.  Marcus had some wonderful work friends.  We both had met great people though the church.  I had some great friends I met through the girl's school's.  Most of the pictures here are of our church friends, but there are so many great people we'll miss.












No comments:

Post a Comment