School here is a big deal. Kids start at 3, and everyone sends them. Technically you wont get in trouble with the government until your kids are 6, but people here think you're basically breaking the law if your keeping a child over 3 at home with you instead of sending them to school. When we first moved here I thought that was completely crazy and said I would never do it, but after a year of people asking me why Avery wasn't in school every single day (she wasn't even old enough to be, but looked like it), and Avery begging to go to Hailey's school, we decided we'd give it a try. Avery now goes to school every day from 9-4:30, and Hailey from 9-4:45. So far so good. They both are really liking it. Every now and then Avery doesn't want to go, but she is always super happy after school. I am so pregnant that I have been mostly enjoying the free time, though it is A LOT of free time. I now have very little sympathy for mom's of Kindergarteners in the states who have a breakdown about sending their kids to school. My views have changed so much that I now think half day kindergarten in the states is a joke. Not that I think kids should really be going to school full time at 3, but I do think it's a little silly to say a 5 year old can't handle more than 3 hours of school. I am very easily influenced by the opinions of those around me.



.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)

After surviving their first week of school these two definitely deserved a treat.
The signs in the pictures above say:
Avery:
Favorite color: Purple
Favorite food: Hot Dogs
I want to be: A Mom, and a Nurse
Hailey:
Favorite color: Pink
Favorite Food: Pizza
I want to be: A Mom, a Tennis Player, and a Computer Engineer (thanks to Marcus telling the girls a few days ago that they should both be engineers when they grow up)
Haha...I keep telling Hamilton he should be an engineer too. All that free time sounds crazy and awesome! :)
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute in their uniforms
ReplyDelete