August 27, 2014

First Tennis Camp

The girls started Tennis camp at the beginning of July.  They both went from 9-2 everyday for 2 weeks.  It was a really fun experience for them, and a super nice break for me!  They were loved there.  Avery especially was a huge hit.  I think because she was the littlest kids out there.  Every time I'd come to pick them up someone would be hugging her and kissing her.  About the third day of class when I came to pick them up Hailey said, "Mom, Avery has a boyfriend, his name's Giovani."  to which Avery just smiled happily and said "Yep!".  Later on Hailey decided that Giovani's older brother Francesco was pretty cute and decided he would be her boyfriend.  She just informed me that she also liked Marcos who was in the "older class".  Games, tennis, and boyfriends, what more can two little girls ask for from a summer camp?

Hailey did complain a little about them making her run.  One day I came to pick them up, and they were doing a relay race.  I waved to Hailey and she looked at me with this put out look on her face and said, "Mom, this is not a game this is a punishment!!"  To which I nodded and said "OK listen to your coaches."  She didn't quite feel like I was getting the gravity of the situation though and kept repeating, "No, mom!  This is a punishment!  They are punishing us because we weren't listening and didn't pick up the balls!"  She seemed completely shocked that this could be happening.  How dare they?!  It made me laugh pretty hard.

All and all they both had a great time.  They really have improved too.  Both our girls have got a pretty good swing down, and Hailey even has a pretty decent serve.  They were so excited the last day of class when they got metals.  Avery especially was over the moon!  Hailey has a few different metals and Avery has been envious of them for a while.  Getting this was a huge deal to her.  Several times on the way home she would yell, "First. Metal. Ever!!"  Such a fun camp! 




1 comment:

  1. Perfecting tennis skills AND exotic boyfriends?! What could be better ;-)! Hailey is hilarious!!! So glad Aves got her medal. I love these girls!

    ReplyDelete