March 31, 2014

El Salvador Pt. 2

Kai and Diane were so nice and took us around to see so many wonderful things.  We got to go to the top of a huge volcano, see Mayan ruins, and enjoy a beautiful day at the beach and a water park.  It was all so fantastic.


 
 Our day at the beach was wonderful.  Kai and Diane knew of this water park right next to it, so we were able to enjoy both water slides and the beach in the same day.  I actually am a little creeped out by the ocean.  I love it and think it's beautiful but at the same time it scares me...I have two main fears, sharks, and tsunamis.  Sharks being the bigger fear when going into the water.  Fortunately I was able to relax and let go of that for a while.  The water was amazing.  It was really the PERFECT temperature.  We all had a blast.
 Avery sneaking into a second or possibly third bag of M and M's.  These girls love their sugar, but especially this one!

 


These cousins had such a great time.  The loved the water slides!

 The Mayan ruins there were really neat.  We had a guide who told us some really interesting things about the area.  Only a very small portion of these pyramids are uncovered.  I think he said something like 15 percent.  This city reached it's peak at about 600 A.D., but shortly after a huge volcano erupted, and covered the city.  All of these ruins are actually covered by volcanic rock.  They have plans to uncover more of it in the coming years.  I hope they do it was really cool.



 We also enjoyed some fantastic souvenir shopping.  Hailey and Avery both walked away with little bags...one sent from uncle Doug in Guatemala, and Grandma and Grandpa were nice enough to find it's twin in El Salvador, so both girls now have the same bag.  We also got a couple Christmas ornament's, and a picture frame.  The girls promptly put a picture of them and Kylee in it, so they could remember their cousin. 
 Just today Avery asked me if we could go back to El Salvador and visit grandpa and grandma again.  I said "of course, sometime"  to which she said, "Could we go tomorrow?!"  Unfortunately we probably wont make it back that soon, but we are excited to visit again before Kai and Diane go home.  It was such a great experience, and we're so grateful we could see everyone there.
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing and beautiful trip, Kris. I love all the pics - so do H & R! They can't wait for Madrid!

    ReplyDelete