November 6, 2013

Halloween 2013

I had all sorts of guilt the week or two before Halloween.  I was feeling so sad the girls weren't going to get to go trick or treating.  (In reality they could have if I would have been willing to donate candy and make an hour long trip outside the city to a suburb near the American school, but I wasn't, so I thought there would be no trick or treating this year).  I tried to make up for it with crafts and cookie decorating.  Luckily we have amazing neighbors who live below us.  Anna, is so thoughtful and came up a couple days before Halloween and asked if we'd like to do trick or treating.  She even ran around to some of the people in other apartments in our building and gave them candy so that both her kids and our kids could go knock on their doors.  It was really fun.  So thoughtful, and it definitely made Halloween feel more like home.

Both Hailey and Avery got to wear their costumes to school.  They had a great time at school with their friends.  Then that night Avery's school was doing a Halloween party, (It cost 7 euros a kid, but to me it seemed like a small price to pay to feel less guilty about being a bad parent on Halloween).  What I didn't realize was that it was a drop off party.  I dropped the girls off, and they got to play Halloween games, eat some food, go trick or treating, all while I sat home and relaxed.  It may have been the best Halloween yet.  :)  They came home happy and tired.  It was the perfect way to spend Halloween.





1 comment: