Marcus has been wanting to go to a Nets game for a while. I kept putting it off, because I hate having to find a babysitter, but finally this past Friday we went to a game. We saw the Net's kill the Wizards. It was a lot of fun. Deron Williams broke the record for most 3's made in a half. On top of that our tickets came with unlimited food. To say we stuffed ourselves would be an understatement. We started out at the buffet, with steak, salad, sweet potato fries, and a hot dog. Then each got a cheese burger, and drinks, then to top the evening off we got cake and concretes. Ingesting all that food was slightly painful, but really fun.
We are still on our pizza quest. Marcus took me out to Paulie Gee's in Brooklyn last week. It was really good. I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but we LOVE the pizza here!
We love it so much that the last few times we've had friends in town we take them out for pizza somewhere. A couple weeks ago Marc's mission companion Jon Maruji and his wife came into the city. We met up at another favorite pizza spot, before they headed off to see Wicked.
We've been having a lot of fun lately. These girls are as cute as ever. Avery is talking a ton! She goes off in sentences, and we usually need to translate for people, but I love the way she talks. Lately she's super into asking for things, "Mom can I please ride the scooter?" or "can I have some of that?" If I ever say no to anything she asks for she says "awww!!" If I say yes she always sounds so surprised and delighted and says, "I can?!" It's cute.
Hailey just mastered the monkey bars last week. She hadn't tried them for a while and then out of nowhere she just went all the way across. When she got to the other side she had this moment of realization that she'd never done it all the way before, and started jumping up and down. It was really cute. I love her little determined face in these pictures.
So that's what we've been up to lately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Super impressed with the monkey bar feat! Way to go Hailey! Also, I love how you and Marcus match at the game, so much fun.
ReplyDeleteAWESOME GAME! Great seats and unlimited food?! Sounds amazing. How fun to see good ol' D Will play out of his head like that. What a great night. The food part sounds especially incredible to me right now :-)!!!! How fun that Jon visited, I didn't know that. I am determined to make a trip out there to sample all this amazing pizza. You guys have done some great research :-)! Sure miss you guys and love those girlies!!!!
ReplyDelete