November 5, 2012

Halloween 2012

Halloween in New York really is so much fun.  This year with everything going on with the hurricane it kind of snuck up on us.  Luckily we were still able to go out and trick-or-treat, and our girls had a great time!

Marcus didn't have to go into the office that day which was wonderful, because I don't know if I could have taken on the streets by myself with the girls.  On Halloween there is always a little too much going on for me to face it on my own.  Thankfully it worked out!
We started out the evening trick or treating in our apartment building.  It may be a little less exciting than walking the streets of Manhattan trick or treating, but man did these girls get a lot of candy.  By the time we were done they couldn't carry their trick or treat baskets.  
I almost never dress up for Halloween.  Not because I don't want to, but more because I don't want to spend the money on a costume, and I don't ever make a costume or think about making one, so maybe it is a little because I don't want to.  Anyway, this year Marcus kept asking what we were going to be fore Halloween, and I kept saying, "Hmmm...I don't know."  But in my mind thinking I don't know what your going to be, but I'm not going to be anything.  Halloween night Hailey asked what we were going to be and I told her we weren't going to be anything, and that didn't fly with Marc.  He demanded that I wear some sort of costume.  When we moved to New York and were downsizing our belongings costumes were exactly the sort of thing that didn't make the move, so we seriously had nothing.  Luckily I'd bought Hailey a witch hat  to wear instead of her headband, but she decided Halloween night that she liked the headband better so she let me wear the hat.  I threw on a black skirt and the hat and that was pretty much my costume.  Marcus dressed up as a basketball player.  He wasn't happy I hadn't taken our Halloween costumes more seriously...now I know...hahaha!  Next year I'll redeem myself.

 Our family shot before we headed out to the apartments.
 After getting some serious candy in our apartment building we headed out to the streets.




 The hurricane may have had a slight effect on the decorations, but people still did quite a bit.  It was a lot of fun!

The Friday before Halloween we went to our ward party.  The girls were able to do more trick or treating, play games, and we were all able to eat some great food and socialize.  


 Tori, Hailey, Mazy, and Avery posing at the church.
It was all great!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see the weather didn't hamper the fun. Darling girls and fun parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcus, I LOVE your enthusiasm. Can't wait to see what is in store for next year! Looks like you guys had a great time! The girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete