September 5, 2012

The US Open and Grandpa Kai

The qualifying matches for the US Open are free, so a group of us from the ward decided to go one day and take the kids.  It was really cool.  It was so fun to be able to walk around in there with the girls and see some really talented people play.  We were also able to see Andy Murray and Serena Williams warming up.  It was a lot of fun.




 The day after we returned our rental car Marcus's dad flew in.  He came for the US open.  He and Marc went to the day session and were able to see James Blake, Serena, Federer, and a  bunch of others.  

 Kai let Marcus and I go to the evening session together.  We had a really great time.  We were able to watch Sam Querrey, and Mardy Fish play.  It was really fun!


 Hailey snuck into bed in the middle of the night with Grandpa Kai.  I'm sure it made our not so comfortable sleeper sofa even better! ;)

These girls love their grandpa.  We had so much fun with him.  We love having visitors, and always feel so sad when they have to leave.  It was a great vacation for us though.  We're so glad Kai was able to come!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, great job on the blog-a-thon! I'm impressed, and I enjoyed reading about your vacation. Secondly, I love Hailey's attitude in the pictures...work it girlfriend! I also loved that she climbed in her Grandpa's bed - very cute! I'm glad that you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! What a vacation!!! I love all your posts- DC, the beach, visiting friends... it looks like SUCH a blast. The US open looks so fun too! My dad was so glad to be able to go visit! Even when you're not on vacation, it looks like you're on vacation. That's my kind of life!!! Your hair looks super cute in this last post! Did you cut it? You guys all look great!!!

    ReplyDelete