April 3, 2012

My Little Missionary

Since moving to New York I've felt slightly more uncomfortable with those funny/cute/slightly awkward moments when Hailey's decided to burst into church songs in the middle of nowhere. It has made for some pretty funny moments though. She regularly comes home from church and as we enter our building serenades our concierge desk with choose the right, or the article of faith songs they've learned. She is still trying to grasp the idea that there are different religions. She's talked to our neighbor Maks who is Jewish about primary and Jesus.

By far the funniest thing she's said or done so far was last week. My sister Ashlee was taking her down to the lobby of our building, and right as the elevator doors opened she said, "I was bound by the chains of the devil, but because of my faith in Christ I was saved!". Ashlee said it carried through the whole lobby.

She has quite the imagination on her. Anyway I've loved these funny little moments. I've learned a lot from them. Mostly I've gotten some really good laughs and stories!

3 comments:

  1. That made me laugh really hard! Good job Hailey - however, I'm doubting she was ever bound by the chains of the devil ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that is so hilarious! What a funny little girl! I'm so sorry I haven't written you back, we would LOVE if you guys came in June...I hope you'll stay a night! I can't say where we will be but there will be room for you! We are moving in June but I don't know if our house will be ready the beginning or end, we'll talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I laughed at my desk when I read this.

    ReplyDelete