January 20, 2012

Avery's 1st Birthday

Our little Avery turned One yesterday. I can't believe it's already been a year! This little girl is such a joy. She is full of spunk and determination and although I occasionally, lovingly, refer to her as Avery the terrorist (mostly because she has only slept through the night 1 time in her entire life) I love every second I get to spend with my little girl.
Avery went to the doctor today here are her stats:
Weight: 22 1/2 pounds=75%
Height: 31 inches=95%
Head Cir.: 75%
We're so thankful she's such a healthy happy baby.
Avery is such a good walker. She walks all around our place. She doesn't just toddle along. She walks with purpose and cruises everywhere she goes. This was her in her little birthday outfit Yesterday. She loves playing with my phone.

I wasn't really planning on doing anything during the day for her birthday, but the day before I started to feel guilty about that. I decided to do a little play date for her with some little friends around her age. It was so fun. I'm not sure Avery really knew what was going on, but it eased my guilt and I had a great time talking with some of my new friends here in the city. I love these girls, and their little girls too.

We had Melany, Amy, and Reghan over. Avery wasn't sure what to think of it all. I never do play dates for her. It's always for Hailey, and if there is a younger kid for Avery to play with great, but if not it's not a big deal. It was fun to see her interact with Belle, and Kate.

Marcus was able to get home from work around six that night which was awesome! We had a little party with more cupcakes when he got home. Avery loves cupcakes!


I think she ate about half of it, and would have eaten more when I decided that she'd had enough.

She didn't want to smile at me. It was all business.

Then with a lot of help from her sister she opened presents.





About Avery at one year:


-She walks.
-She has six teeth, four on top and two on bottom.
-She can give kisses, and blow kisses. She loves to kiss her baby dolls.
-She can say a few words: Hi, mom, dad, bubble, pop, Hailey (Hay-ee)
-She doesn't really care for TV, and only has patience for books that have hidden things that you find by opening flaps, or touch and feel books. She prefers the flaps though.
-She hates strangers trying to touch her or pick her up. She's fine until they start to show interest in her. If they act like they want to hold her she gets wide eyed and heads straight for me. If they pick her up anyway all heck breaks loose. This girl knows how to throw a tantrum.
-When she gets frustrated, which is pretty often, she hits her hands together and rubs her stomach and lets out a grunt/scream.
-She loves to play with blocks. She's actually pretty good at stacking them.
-She loves to be held and cuddled.
-She loves to rub her ears as she falls asleep.
-She's becoming a much pickier eater. She's started throwing food or drinks she doesn't like on the floor to show her frustrtion. She doesn't really like baby food anymore.
-She loves to pull her sister's hair.
-She understands almost everything I say and she's really good at doing what I ask. Even if she's playing with toys and I ask her to do something she does it. Last night for example I said, "come on Avery lets go get in the tub" and she stopped playing stood up and walked into the bathroom. Hailey needed more convincing.
-She loves climbing on everything. Most of all our "kid" table we have in the living room. It's right by a window that goes from the floor to ceiling, and she loves to stand on it and look at the people and cars outside.

Avery has a lot of personality. She's kept me on my toes. She is pretty clingy and she thinks she needs her mom to hold her or be near her most of the time, which has been a little hard for me, but there is nothing better than a hug from her. I don't know if it's all the chub, or what, but she gives the sweetest little hugs. We love our Avery!

2 comments:

  1. I love that girl! She is so dang cute in her birthday outfit! With my parents' three granddaughters there is no shortage of strong personalities! I wouldn't have it any other way. I love your girls so much! What cute sisters. I'm glad Marcus got to spend the evening at home, and I'm super glad he's rocking the Des Moines shirt.
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable! We can't wait to eat cupcakes with her.

    ReplyDelete